Hi, I'm Kim.
In my late teens and early 20's, I was struggling to find my way in life (who isn't?) and had no idea what I wanted to be when I "grow up". I tried going the conventional route, but dropped out of college after one semester. After spending years in an office position, I was desperately seeking more fulfillment and joy from my work. I ventured out on my own and dabbled in different industries for a while, but I never felt like I quite fit in. I always felt like there was something else out there meant for me. Maybe you can relate?
In late 2015, after graduating as a certified health coach and dabbling in network marketing, I took the big leap into full-time entrepreneurship ...and it totally bombed. Not only was I struggling to find clients, create a consistent income and get my message out there, but I quickly found myself struggling with a number of health conditions - adrenal fatigue, candida, hypothyroidism, hormone imbalance and food sensitivities - to name a few (all of which I had spent the past 4 years healing). I was depressed, ashamed and felt like I had failed at achieving my dreams.
It took some time (and a lot of personal growth) for me to realize that these experiences, while painful at the time, were happening for me. The Universe was sending me a message (loud and clear - thanks Universe!) and it was exactly the wake up call I needed. I originally began my journey as a wellness coach and in the midst of growing my business, I had completely ignored one of my core values...
It's impossible to have a sustainable (let alone thriving) business when you're overwhelmed, unaligned and headed straight for burnout.
So what went wrong? To start, I didn't have a strategic plan in place. I had layers upon layers of limiting beliefs that constantly tripped me up. I was distracted by every shiny object, overwhelmed by messages online preaching "make $10K in 10 days!" and quickly found myself spinning my wheels, exhausted and financially tapped out. I kept trying to fit into a cookie-cutter model of what others in the industry were doing which left me completely exhausted, disconnected from my mission and no closer to turning my dreams into reality or making the big impact I desired.
The pain of being in my early 20's and feeling like I was missing out on life was enough to motivate me to raise my standards. I wasn't willing to hand over my freedom and continue living a life less than the one I knew I was capable of. I set my intention and made a committed decision to make it happen. I began to let go of things that no longer served me, created healthy habits and boundaries that nourished me and finally ditched my "I can do everything on my own" mentality and invested in the support I desired (and desperately needed).
Here are a few things that happened because I decided not to give up:
- I was able to take the leap and quit my day job again (this time for good!) within 6 months of growing my own coaching business
- I hired a business coach, signed my first paying clients and made my investment back in 3 months (a lot quicker than doing it alone!)
- I tripled my previous income within just one month of leaving my day job and have since hit multiple $5K+ months in my business
- I experienced an incredible amount of personal growth, peeled back layers of fear and limiting beliefs and began to feel like my authentic self
- I began to heal from my health conditions, find more balance and joy and create a lifestyle and business that fully supports me in all areas of my life
- The most amazing opportunities, relationships and experiences have come into my life - and it keeps getting better!
I now mentor coaches and creative entrepreneurs across the globe on how to get organized, develop streamlined systems and create a business that allows them to have a life.
- B-School - Marie Forleo (2017)
- The Entrepreneur Edge Mastermind - Joanna Turner (2017)
- Health Coach Certification - Institute for Integrative Nutrition (2015)
- $20K+ investing in coaching and certifications from industry leaders including Tony Robbins, Marie Forleo and Gabby Bernstein
- 2+ years building 2 businesses from scratch (while working part-time)
- Started my first entrepreneurial venture at 19 as a freelance makeup artist (I always knew I wasn't meant for a "conventional" career)
- 7 years as an administrative assistant (I've learned a thing or two about organization and streamlining!)
- A bookshelf packed with business, finance, spirituality, mindset, wellness and any self-development books I can get my hands on
- I've been where you are now (not too long ago) and I've figured a few things out along the way!
Thank you for being here!
I’m so excited to get to know you and welcome you into the community. Please reach out to me any time, I love hearing from you! I also love supporting others in their mission so please reach out if you would like to collaborate.